Unfortunately my blog has been the victim of neglect lately. I have a few posts that have been saved as “drafts” and were never published. Over the next little while I’ll be cleaning those up and publishing them, and posting links to them here.
Also, I just did a clean install of WordPress and reimported all content. So if anything is broken, let me know.
I used Network MAnager “Mobile Broadband” and entered the APN (“inet.bell.ca”) instead.
These are the important steps:
Connecting the device, it starts as a usb-storage device but at this point the device has the idVendor: 0×1410 and idProduct: 0×5010, Ubuntu recognizes and mounts the device automatically and puts the icon on the desktop
Right-click on the mounted icon named “Mobile Connect” and select Eject, now the device will change its idProduct id from 0×5010 to the more re-assuring 0×7030 but somehow Ubuntu doesn’t know it’s supposed to be a usbserial device…
sudo rmmod usbserial
sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0×1410 product=0×7030
and /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1 etc.. up to /dev/ttyUSB5 should appear on your file system.